NFL Launches Comprehensive Responsible Betting Education and Awareness Initiative
NEW YORK, NY – The National Football League today announced the launch of a comprehensive, integrated league-wide public awareness program for responsible betting, designed to educate fans who choose to engage in of sports betting to do so responsibly. The key message encourages people to play responsibly by sticking to a game plan, including setting a budget to know their limits, using licensed and regulated operators and asking for help if they have any. need. The main message in creating the campaign is “Follow your game plan.” Always bet responsibly â.
“We believe it is essential that the NFL use the power of our voice to educate and encourage fans who choose to bet to do so in a safe and responsible manner,” said Christopher Halpin, executive vice president of the NFL, director of strategy and growth. âWe also recognize that responsible betting programs across the country are under-resourced, especially as legalization spreads nationwide. Collectively, all of us in the sports and betting industries need to learn from international examples. and ensuring that the development of education and support programs matches the state-by-state growth of legalized sports betting.In collaboration with the National Council on Problem Gambling and our business partners, the league is fully committed to advancing the responsible betting awareness, education and support for gambling issues. ”
As part of this initiative, the NFL made a multi-year, multi-million dollar commitment to significantly expand its long-standing partnership with the National Council on Problem Gambling (“NCPG”). NCPG is the leading advocacy group committed to addressing problem gambling through public education programs and support services. The NFL funding will allow the NCPG to launch a national grant program to fund enhanced services offered by local and national providers, as well as innovative prevention programs, including the expansion of youth programs. The league’s support will also transform the national problem gambling helpline and enable the development of improved communication tools, including a new website, www.responsibleplay.org, which will provide the public with quick safe betting tips and support resources for those in need.
“The National Problem Gambling Council is pleased to partner with the NFL to highlight the importance of responsible betting,” said Keith Whyte, executive director of the National Problem Gambling Council. “With this partnership, we are able to exponentially improve the NCPG’s ability to provide advocacy, awareness and assistance on problem gambling. The NFL’s far-reaching initiative demonstrates its strong commitment to be a industry leader in outreach. The league’s support for our advocacy efforts will help fund new communications initiatives, such as ResponsiblePlay.org and a problem gambling PSA, to expand outreach. gambling prevention services where they are needed most and to modernize our nationwide problem gambling helpline operations with updated capabilities. â
Starting today and throughout the season, fans will see the NFL responsible betting initiative roll out across a variety of channels, including online, in the stadium, on social media and in print. . Later this fall, the program will begin airing on national and local television, including broadcast partners and media channels owned and operated by the NFL. In addition, the NFL works with clubs to spread awareness and education locally.
Additional details on the NFL responsible betting initiative and related partnerships include:
- The NFL initiative is informed by fan research and was developed in conjunction with NCPG. The goal of the platform is to establish a clear tone and stance that provides fans who choose to engage in sports betting an opportunity to raise awareness of responsible betting tactics and resources.
- Consumer messaging details:
– Main message: “Stick to your game plan.” Always bet responsibly â.
– Messaging will encourage bettors to: have a solid game plan; Establish a budget; Know your limits; Use licensed and regulated operators; and bet responsibly
– The messaging will encourage bettors to: Visit jeuresponsable.org for additional resources and to learn more
National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG)
- The NFL has partnered with NCPG and provides financial support to help prevent gambling addiction and develop a sustainable and safer sports betting ecosystem. The NFL will also serve as the voice of the NCPG so that fans and bettors are aware of the resources available to them.
- The NFL supported the organization in upgrading the National Problem Gambling Helpline by raising the standards, improving call center technology, data collection, reporting, training and reporting. certification. This national helpline is crucial for prevention and safety, and connects callers instantly and automatically with the appropriate state call center. Help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling or texting 800-522-4700 or by going to ncpgambling.org/chat.
- In addition to supporting impactful programs like Helpline, NFL contributions will provide a wide range of additional benefits, including:
– Critical investment in founding a national safety net to prevent gambling addiction
– Provide agility grants to NCPG affiliates, non-profit organizations or other community organizations that can implement innovative problem gambling prevention programs in their local communities
– Ongoing initiatives such as the league’s awareness and education marketing campaign to help fans and the public understand and use responsible betting techniques, and where to go for help
Official NFL Sports Betting Partners
- An essential part of the NFL’s agreements with its official sports betting partners (Caesars Entertainment, DraftKings and FanDuel) is to work with each partner on information sharing and support the responsible betting efforts of the NFL.
- The official NFL sports betting partners have each developed strong responsible gaming programs:
– In the 1980s, Caesars Entertainment became the first casino company to recognize and address responsible gambling through its pioneering programs “Operation Bet Smart” and “Project 21”. In partnership with the National Council on Problem Gambling, Caesars created the first free national helpline in 1995 and was the first casino company to provide this helpline through customer touchpoints. Caesars continues to be an innovator in responsible gambling, with cutting-edge technology and programs that encourage guests to gamble responsibly and enable employees to respond effectively to potential gambling-related issues. Caesars responsible gaming initiatives, visit Caesars.com/rg.
– The goal of Responsible Gaming at DraftKings is to protect consumers through revolutionary technology, staff training, employee and consumer resources, and supporting evidence-based research. NCPG Platinum Member DraftKings Tailors Products To Provide Customers With A Robust Set Of Responsible Gambling Tools They Need To Play Responsibly, Including Limit Setting, Cooling Offs, and Self-Exclusion . The company has extended responsible gaming education and marketing to a wide range of customer touch points including email, social media, retail sports betting and stadium assets in conjunction with the campaign. American Gaming Association’s âHave A Game Planâ. Additionally, DraftKings has funded significant research with world-class organizations like Harvard Medical School affiliated with Cambridge Health Alliance. To learn more about DraftKings’ commitment to responsible gaming, please visit the company’s website. Responsible gaming website.
– FanDuel has been the industry leader in its commitment to Responsible Gaming (“RG”). The company has a 100-person compliance team with RG operations experts, a dedicated RG engineering team, and customer service. FanDuel has placed a strong emphasis on RG product innovations, including tools that allow customers to seamlessly configure wagers, deposits, and deadlines in the app, as well as artificially intelligent analysis to detect faster. dangerous games. Recently, he appointed Craig Carton, acclaimed sports media figure, a national ambassador for responsible gambling focused on the humanization and destigmatization of problem gambling. The company was also the first to support the American Gaming Association’s national âHave a Game Planâ campaign urging customers to gamble within limits. FanDuel is the only major operator offering customers the ability to self-exclude through a free subscription to Gamban, the most comprehensive international gambling blocking software, capable of blocking access to over 15,000 sites on up to 15 devices. For more information on FanDuel’s commitment to ensuring that no bet harms a loved one, please visit FanDuel.com/playsafe.
For more information on responsible betting tools and resources, visit jeuresponsable.org.