How to Request Hundreds of Pounds of FREE Money as Support as Universal Leave and Increase Credit Ends

Cash-strapped Britons have fewer Covid financial aid programs to apply for as of today, but there is still support available.

Families can still apply for tax relief, test and trace payments and a new Covid fund to help pay for basic necessities.


Help is available if you are concerned about the end of Covid support programs

The leave, the self-employment subsidy and the Covid local support subsidy ended yesterday.

Meanwhile, the £ 20-per-week universal credit increase, which was introduced to help people struggling with the pandemic, will be phased out this month.

Politicians and charities have called for the increase to be extended, but the government has held firm in its refusal to continue with the additional payment.

Testing and monitoring of assistance payments

If you are told to self-isolate because you have coronavirus, or if you have come into contact with someone who has, you can request a one-time payment of £ 500.

Low-income people who cannot work from home are eligible for the grant, which does not have to be repaid.

You can apply for the grant on your town hall website – you can know in which municipality you live in line.

You will need to provide financial information and proof that you or your child has been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.

This scheme applies to people in England, but similar initiatives are in place in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Work from home tax relief

If you still have to work from home because of the coronavirus, you can claim tax relief.

You can make a claim if you work from home on a regular basis, whether it’s all or part of the week.

Employees who choose to work from home rather than being forced to do so are not eligible for the tax break.

But if you’ve come to a flexible working arrangement with your employer due to the pandemic, you may still be able to make a claim.

You can claim tax relief of £ 6 per week – this amount was increased in April 2020 due to the pandemic, and was previously £ 4 per week.

You will receive tax relief based on the rate at which you pay tax.

For example, if you pay the base tax rate of 20% and request relief of £ 6 per week, you will get £ 1.20 per week.

The total you can get in a year is £ 125.

Claims can also be made for the previous tax year, worth up to £ 125, so anyone who qualifies for both years and has not yet claimed could get £ 250.

The HMRC will actually accept backdated claims for up to four years, which means you can claim up to £ 500.

Household support fund

The councils will receive a share of a £ 500million grant to distribute to struggling residents this winter.

It replaces the Covid Local Support Grant, which distributed free money to families who struggled to pay for food, energy bills and other basic necessities.

A Sun investigation previously revealed that you can claim up to £ 1,500 under the Covid Local Support Grant program.

Each council will decide how much money families in their area could get and how they should seek help.

If the program information is not yet listed on your local authority’s website, it is best to call or email for more information.

Universal credit and other benefits

We’ve described the Covid-specific help you can get above, but there are other sources of help available as well.

You should also consider other benefits and grants you may be entitled to if you are experiencing financial difficulties.

Universal Credit applicants can get a standard allowance of up to £ 509.91, depending on individual circumstances. You will have more if you have children.

This winter, you may also be able to get help paying your energy bills, which will come in handy as prices are expected to rise.

The Warm Home Rebate and Cold Weather Payments are designed to help families cover heating costs during the winter months.

Consult the citizens’ advice benefits calculator to make sure you get all the help you are entitled to.

Money blogger explains how to get £ 1,274 to start your own business if you have universal credit or benefits

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the Sun Online Money team?

Email us at [email protected]

Comments are closed.