6 donations of $50 million or more to health organizations
Six gifts of $50 million or more were awarded to healthcare organizations for capital projects, research and more. Becker’s reported the following since February 3:
1. California hospital receives $50 million donation for expansion
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian has received a $50 million gift from the Sun Family Foundation, which will support the organization’s expansion into new health facilities, technologies and treatment protocols.
2. U of Texas Southwestern receives $100 million gift for school of public health
Dallas-based University of Texas Southwestern will use a $100 million donation to endow and support its school of public health, the university announced this week.
3. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Receive $70 Million Gift for Patient Care Tower
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, based in Iowa City, has received a $70 million donation — the largest in the organization’s history — that will go towards a new patient tower.
4. VCU receives $104 million donation for liver treatment research
Richmond-based Virginia Commonwealth University has received a $104 million gift – the largest in the organization’s history – to expand treatment options for liver and liver-related metabolic diseases through the new Stravitz-Sanyal Institute for Liver Disease and Metabolic Health.
5. PeaceHealth Receives $50 Million Donation for Hospital Expansion
Vancouver, Washington-based PeaceHealth has received a $50 million donation, which will be used to expand PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington.
6. Memorial Sloan Kettering Receives $100 Million Gift to Establish Cancer Ecosystems Project
New York-based Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center received a $100 million donation, creating the Marie-Josée and Henry R. Kravis Cancer Ecosystems Project, which bears the names of the donors.